Geocoding - Week 11 Lab

This week geocoded emergency management service sites in Lake County, Florida. By importing data from the US Census Bureau, I was able to network EMS sites with address information. The only problems I encountered during parts 1 and 2 of this weeks lab were with locating addresses that had candidates that didn't match. It was still necessary to use the manual select from the map tool.

The third section of the map required me to use a model builder to set certain parameters that locate areas around schools where gas companies regularly check for gas leaks.  I liked this method because it made the steps for creating a map visual.








Section 1: Geocoding – Step 4: Research Locations and Match Addresses
1.     I right clicked EMS in the TOC and selected “Geocode Addresses”
2.     I added the MyAddressLocator layer and changed the Minimum match and candidate score
3.     The first method I used to match the unmatched addresses was selecting them from the map as this was necessary for the locations with no candidates.
4.     I used select by attributes to find the streets and carefully located the specific location of the two addresses with no candidates and used the bing map to verify they were correct
5.     All but one of the locations with candidates were easily located when compared to the bing map; however, one of the locations had points that weren’t close to the bing map point. For this area, I elected to select the point from the map again. I was able to find the exact address.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 5b - Intro to ERDAS Imagine and Digital Data

Module 2 - Visual Interpretation

Module 5a - Intro to ERDAS Imagine and Digital Data