Georeferencing - Week 12 Lab

This week, we used georeferencing to assign location information to data and create a new polygon and polyline. Then, we created a buffer to show the protection area for a bald eagle’s nest. The only issue I ran into during this part of the lab was hyperlinking the eagle’s nest image. It was difficult to locate the I drive. 

Next, we created a 3D version of the map in ArcSpace, saved it in a 2D format, and opened it in ArcMap to create a different aesthetic. ArcSpace was a very interesting tool and reminded me of Google Maps. I liked that the elevation model behaved like a “sheet” and I feel this program opens up many new possibilities for displaying data. 




Section 3:  Buffer Analysis – Hyperlinking Data and Adding Multiple Ring Buffer to a Toolbar
1. First, I located the image EaglesNest.jpg, but I could not find the I:/ drive to paste it to. I looked up information on this drive on the UWF page, but the link provided to paste it to was broken. I decided to skip this step until later as it didn’t appear to be a prerequisite to the proceeding task.
2. Next, I added the Multiple Ring Buffer tool to the toolbar and chose a custom image for the button.
3. Then, I created a conservation easement Protection Buffer layer by using the Multiple Ring Buffer tool. I accidentally typed 600ft the first time I completed this step so it was necessary to create another layer with amended dimensions. I set the transparency to 50% and the colors to pink and yellow.
4. When I was completing the map, my buffer layer disappeared and I was forced to create it a third time. I became very familiar with the Multiple Ring Buffer tool.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Module 2 - Visual Interpretation

Module 5b - Intro to ERDAS Imagine and Digital Data

Module 5a - Intro to ERDAS Imagine and Digital Data